Monday, December 7, 2009

Will Crocker



Texas native Crocker has lived for many years in New Orleans with his wife Martha Crocker. His work is focused on advertising and architecture

Trees of New Orleans is active work in progress:

“The Druids and other ancient cultures responded to trees with worship and mythology. Today we respond to the symbols that they present: longevity, perseverance, patience, strength and resurrection. On returning from Katrina evacuation I discovered newfound appreciation for what a vital part trees are to New Orleans. As I explored the city for tree landscapes, I experienced a living spirit in those trees. That is what I attempted to capture in my photographs.

I make a living in advertising and architectural photography. “Trees of New Orleans” grew out of a calendar project with designer Phillip Collier, for John Benton at Bayou Tree. I enjoyed the change of working outside. My approach was closer to the street photography that I enjoyed when I first started making photographs. I was back to going out to see what the world of chance and natural light had to offer. Photographing New Orleans filtered through its trees brought me into neighborhoods that I hadn’t appreciated and helped me to rediscover those places that were familiar. “

Digital prints by Martha Crocker with archival carbon inks on 100% rag paper.

Selected Publications: Bon Appetit, Cooking Light, MacWorld, PC Magazine, Parade, Delta Sky, Wall Street Journal

BFA from Kansas City Art Institute, 1973.
Member of ASMP and PPA. Stock Photography represented by Getty Images.






1 comment:

  1. Will-Gorgeous! Especially love the old Oak in the graveyard-looks like the one next to Commanders.
    Best to you and Martha-Cindy Saylor

    ReplyDelete